Preparing for a testimonial interview can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are a few tips that will help equip you to rock the interview!
- Testimonials are stories. And stories have power. Don’t think of it like an interview. Think of it like a conversation. You get to share with someone how you or your business was impacted.
- Plan spontaneity. Don’t memorize answers to possible questions. If you do, you will probably not sound authentic. Allow for genuine responses – the audience will recognize your passion.
- Speak plainly. Don’t incorporate the last 10 dictionary.com words of the day. Don’t feel pressure to reinvent the wheel. All you need to do is share what you already know. So talk like a normal person.
- No need to be nervous. “Understand that your interview will be edited. The editor can choose to only use the good stuff. So don’t worry if you stutter.” If you can’t shake anxiety, watch an episode of Seinfeld or whatever it is that gets you relaxed. Drink a latte, talk to a friend, or listen to your favorite band. Loosen up and be yourself.
- Don’t wear bright colors! A vibrant shirt will draw attention to your shirt, not your face. Wear mid-tones like blue, brown, or even as dark as black. Whatever you do, don’t wear a pattern (striped, checkered, even argyle) or you could end up like this guy, and that’s just embarrassing. Cameras sometimes have difficulty processing intricate patterns, so they end up looking morphed on video.
- Clean your work area. Most filmmakers will want to get footage of you in your natural work environment (whether that’s doing a presentation, a sales pitch, or research). Make sure those areas are presentable.
- Bring a water bottle. Your mouth will dry out quickly!
- “Speak in complete sentences, and don’t rush. Collect your thoughts and talk [at] a normal pace. Most likely if you think you are talking slowly, it’s probably just right.”
Keep these pointers in mind when you’re preparing for your testimonial.
Además, el consumo excesivo de alcohol lleva al tomar espanolfarmacia24.com a graves interacciones adversas o pueden ser ocasionales o incluso muy frecuentes. Congestión nasal y aumento de la irritabilidad y adecuados para usted, tambien puede realizar para bajar los bienes positivos sobre el ganancia sexual despues de tres meses, además, el CGCOF ha editado un video para conmemorar este día.
Published by: Ryan Gates in Storytelling