If the top brands are pouring so much money into video marketing campaigns, what do they know that you don’t? As you can see in the graph (courtesy of Pixability), there was one month that the cumulative uploads between these companies capped 10K videos!
Talk about overkill! Or is it?
Let’s take a look at some stats and see if we can understand why the top brands are investing so much in video marketing.
1. Video was the fastest growing medium for advertising in 2012.
2. There are 100 million unique visitors for online video every day. To put that into perspective, that’s 1/3 of the U.S. population. Every day.
3. In a study Forbes conducted, they discovered that 75% of executives watch business-related videos at least once a week. 65% of them visited the marketer’s website after viewing the video.
4. According to Cisco, by the end of 2013, the number of mobile-connected devices will exceed the number of people on earth, and by 2017 there will be nearly 1.4 mobile devices per capita. There will be over 10 billion mobile-connected devices in 2017, exceeding the world's population at that time (7.6 billion).
5. Forbes also discovered that 59% of executives prefer video to text.
6. YouTube reported that their users watch 6 billion hours of video per month.
7. There are over 1 billion unique users on YouTube every month.
8. In Email marketing campaigns, about 50% who use video see an increase in site visits, time spent reading the Email, and more forwards according to Emarketer.
9. Two-thirds of the world's mobile data traffic will be video by 2017. Mobile video will increase 16-fold between 2012 and 2017, accounting for over 66 percent of total mobile data traffic by the end of the forecast period, according to Cisco.
The top 100 brands saw these stats and heightened their online presence through video marketing. How can you improve your online presence?
Published by: Ryan Gates in Marketing